- Johnson JA, Edwards AL. Evidence and Advocacy: Are all things considered? [Commentary]. CMAJ 2006;174(13):1856-57. PMID: 16785461.
- Johnson JA. The safety of sulfonylurea therapy in type 2 diabetes: have we reached the practical limits of our evidence base?Diabetologia. , Volume 58, Issue 1, pp 1
- Johnson JA, Colmers IN. Balancing the risks and benefits for pioglitazone in type 2 diabetes. Diabetes Research and Clinical Practice, 98(1) , October 2012, Pages 1-2
- Eurich DT, McAlister FA. Wrongfully Accused: Metformin Use in Heart Failure. Comment on Aguilar et al. Metformin use and mortality in ambulatory patients with diabetes and heart failure. Circ Heart Failure 2011; 41:53-58. Expert Rev Cardiovasc. Ther. 2011; 9(2): 147-150.
- Eurich DT, Majumdar SR. Statins and Sepsis – Scientifically Interesting but Clinically Inconsequential. Comment on Rothberg et al. Association Between Statins Given in Hospital and Mortality in Pneumonia Patients. J. of Gen. Intern. Med. 2011, [Epub ahead of print]; J. of Gen. Intern. Med. 2011; 27(3):268-269
- Johnson JA. Reflections on self-monitoring of blood glucose: Why do we recommend the things we do? Canadian Pharmacists Journal. 2010 Sep;143:216-217
- Johnson JA, Yasui Y. Glucose-lowering therapies and cancer risk: The trials and tribulations of trials and observations. Diabetologia. 2010 Sept 1;53:1823-1826.
- Johnson JA, Gale EA. Diabetes, insulin use, and cancer risk: are observational studies part of the solution-or part of the problem? Diabetes. 2010 May 1;59:1129-1131.
- Butalia S, Rabi DM. To test or not to test? Self-monitoring of blood glucose in patients with type 2 diabetes managed without insulin. Open Medicine. 2010 1;4:E114-E116.
- Rabi DM, Johnson JA, Edwards AL. Self-monitoring of blood glucose for individuals with type 2 diabetes not using insulin: Leaving no cornerstone unturned. Canadian Journal of Diabetes. 2010 Mar 1;34:24-26.
- Johnson JA, Pollak M. Insulin, glucose and the increased risk of cancer in patients with type 2 diabetes. Diabetologia. 2010 Oct;53(10):2086-8. pp 2086–2088