2013 Retreat Highlights
10th Annual ACHORD Retreat
March 7-8, 2013
ACHORD hosts a research retreat each spring in the beautiful setting of Banff, Alberta. This venue enables investigators, trainees, research staff and invited guests to exchange ideas, present their research, and get to know one another in a relaxed and informal environment.
The 10th Annual ACHORD Retreat was a huge success and a lot of fun! Thank you to everyone that attended and participated in this event. Click here for the Agenda.
- Diabetes in the workplace – the private payer perspective, Ben Harrison, Manager, Group Strategic Relations, The Great West Life Insurance Company of Canada
- The built environment and obesity-related diseases, Gillian Booth, St. Michaels Hospital, Toronto
- Improving diabetes prevention in women with recent gestational diabetes, Lorraine Lipscombe, Women’s College Hospital, Toronto
Student Project Presentations
- Alberta’s Caring for Diabetes (ABCD) Project, Jeff Johnson and Lisa Wozniak
- Future Directions / Collaborations for ACHORD, Jeff Johnson